Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SOD

Today I am going to sweat my butt off and lay down lots of slabs of sod on areas of the lawn that have grown bare.  This is extremely important if I don't want to lose the opportunity over the summer of sweating my butt off mowing grass.

I'm also going to sweat a little more to install new water sprinkler  heads so we can better water our grass so that it can grow faster in order that I might mow it more often. 

What's wrong with this picture?

BAGMAN:  "For one thing you haven't posted a picture!"

BUTLER:  "It was a common rhetorical phrase, you illiterate oaf.  He wasn't talking about a real picture."

8 comments:

  1. Indeed, how about a little alternative landscaping? Or you could get some livestock and let them eat the lawn, and you could eat them later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masochism 101. Glad you're a lifelong learner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I like NanU's suggestion. Imagine what a peaceful picture your house will make with a small flock of sheep in front of it (or behind it, or whereever the grass is), and your dogs would have something to do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't mind if I sit over here and watch, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LAWN?? Not sure I know what that is...I did try it last year, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I was going to mention goats. Love you humor.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey--is that what people who retire do-crazy hard labor at home instead of at work? ;-)

    ReplyDelete