Monday, September 27, 2010

I dreamed I was having a nervous breakdown


Last night, I dreamed I was having a nervous breakdown. I couldn't remember where I put things.  I was frustrated at everything I had to do and I was short-tempered and angry and I couldn't explain how I was feeling.   I'd pick things up and go into a room and forget why I was there and put things back down at random.  People around me were beginning to express concern.

Thankfully it was a dream.  I woke up relieved and went into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.  Then I thought I'd get the newspaper first from the front yard.  First I looked at the clock to see if it was time to wake Karen up.  Then I turned back, looked at the sink and couldn't remember why I was in the kitchen. 

Hmmm.

11 comments:

  1. Well dear Mark welcome to the would of senior moments. They say dreams represent how we really feel down in the subconscious.LOL Did you make it to work that day? I'm rooting for you.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this - I thought I was the only one!! Disconcerting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you obviously remembered later, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to tell us about it on here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that happens all the time. A sure sign of a cluttered mind. Next time coffee first! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, perhaps I should be worried. That's not my dream, that's my reality!!

    It mystifies why I can do things and remember things at work but the minute I walk in the door at home with no distractions, I'm totally mindless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to comment, but I can't remember what I was going to say....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't feel too badly. I misplaced my list where I had wrtten down all the things I needed to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are worst dreams as we age. At least you woke up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've undergone gender reassignment and are experiencing normal menopausal symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to get a chess piece or a little top like the guy had in the movie Inception. My son had a prop company make him an Inception top. I played with it and thought I was dreaming. Or am I dreaming he had a top made? Do I even have a son? Who are you? If you are not a figment of my imagination I sure miss you.

    ReplyDelete