Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday Hometown Photo Shoot - Faces and Smiles

Sarah from Idaho picked this week's theme...I hope I haven't screwed up again and it was really Sarah Lulu -- because this sounds like a theme she'd suggest as well.   It's a great one and forces me - blush - to even post a couple of photos with my smile in it as well. 

Conner and Grandpa
(Being a grandpa freaks me out and I eat too many cookies)

But Conner seems to make everybody smile...


He makes Mommy Melody smile
 
He makes Daddy Brian smile

He makes "Nana" Karen smile

He makes his Aunt Jean...well...look like a fish smiling.

He makes his Mommy and Daddy kiss
(which is why he will be getting a brother or sister this summer
...or maybe it wasn't just the kissing...

And then there is the picture a little ways down below.  It is a blurry shot taken by someone...who knows...when the big Ravenel Bridge opened in Charleston a few years ago.  People were walking it for the ribbon cutting and getting their pictures taken with our infamous Governor Sanford.  For my international friends, who may not know the story, the last year has been tough for our Governor because he was caught returning from Argentina where he had slipped off for a tryst with his "soul mate."  He had told everyone he was off hiking on the Appalchian Trail until a reporter caught him getting off an international flight in Atlanta.  The scandal hasn't helped his plan to run for President any and didn't do much for his marriage either.  But Jay Leno had a field day with it. 

This was taken long before the Spanish bull dooky hit the proverbial fan.


***

***

***

***


18 comments:

  1. Your pictures were very sweet. What an adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a sibling for Conner. How exciting! I am smiling to see everything is coming up roses at the Cowells. =D Wonderful!!
    Love to all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder Conner makes everyone smile - he's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothin' like a baby to make everyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn't me but I just adore your photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it wonderful how such a small person can bring so much happiness, can make so many people smile, including those who see the photos? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Does Aunt Jean read your blog? If so, you're in BIG trouble. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Photos and one cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, Conner has gotten to be such a big boy - all ready to become a big brother. Love the captioned photo - you are TOO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The smiles an infectious Mark, and that is one thing I haven't been inoculated against.

    And Jay Leno couldn't have done a better job with the captions in the bottom photo! Just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always you bring a smile to my face...

    ReplyDelete
  12. too funny.
    your shots of your family and their loving smiles really gave me the warm and fuzzys. the baby is cute
    picture of mom and baby is my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny how a baby can bring out the smiles and the funny faces. What a doll. :) Congratulations on having such an adorable little grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love that shots of the grandma and granddad with the grandchild, such precious bonding time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being a grandpa again! I love the captions on the pic with the gov.!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Reminds me of the song by the B-52's. Happy Smiling Faces. Made me smile, too.

    I like your take on the birds and the bees.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable baby! I love how happy a baby can make people :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. And when I hiked on the AT, it wasn't nearly so much fun! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete