Sunday, November 1, 2009

Oooooo Halloween Ooooooo

I don't really like Halloween.  It means I have to get up from the couch too many times and answer the door.  

But this year, Daisy needed a walk at the height of it, so I thought why not take the camera...no flash...just set it on wide aperature and automatic exposure so it would shoot lots of junky out of focus stuff.  Ooooo.  Out of focus.  Spooky.



Our neighbors down the street really get into it.



They have an inflated dracula that rises up out of an inflated coffin.



I'm not sure, but I think this might be a real ghost.




And then this descended upon me, I shot it just before losing consciousness



Daisy, of course, was going absolutely freaky.  There were people all over the place but also dog...some of them dressed up.  A little furry white pug faced thing in a tutu with horns drove her into circles.  It wasn't until I left the neighborhood that she calmed down enough to "go"...and by that time her bowels and bladder just lost it.  I think she had a good time because when we got home she curled up behind Karen and never poked her head up again. 

10 comments:

  1. Some super photography. See I knew you were a big teddy bear at heart. Gotta love a man who can shoot like that. We had a ball too. Got a new camera and got pictures, I don't know how to load onto the computer yet. Wish you were here.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo looks like a ghostly figure of the tasmanian devil.

    I'm glad you survived all the spooky haunts out there. I took my camera out last night too and got some ghostly images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work with the photography. The last one is really very artistic, like an abstract painting, I really like it.

    xxsm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me wish we did Halloween here in
    South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured some very haunting experiences there. How brave of you to go out into the midst of Hallowe'en lunacy for the sake of Daisy. You are a hero Mark. I bet you were curled up pretty close to Karen when you arrived back home too. Happy Hallowe'en! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey B&B I see you read my post of Nov. 4th. but you missed an item I found later. Edgar R Burroughs wrote under the pseudonym of Normal Bean because he thought folks might thing he was not normal. He wrote lots of science fiction and pulp fiction under that name. Thought you might find that interesting.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fantastic!! Love the shots Mark... fun idea... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the effects Mark. So scary I had to wait until WAY after Halloween to comment.

    At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

    I didn't know that about Edgar Rice Burroughs being the old Normal Bean! The world truly is a strange and scary place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great pictures captured and I am thinking, you people celebrate such a whole lot more than us Englishers! I smile at your words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is almost Thanksgiving and I am just getting to your Halloween post. Does that make me fashionably late?

    Are you sure Bagman did not take these photos? I love them.

    See you around Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete