Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Business meeting and a weird photo

Grumble, grumble...I have three days of business meetings in Greenville, starting this afternoon.  A three and half hour drive beginning once I post this...and I don't mind driving, actually.  In fact, I've always thought that long distance truck driving would be right up my alley.  Or maybe that should be right up my interstate. 

The challenge is sitting in plush swivel chairs around a big table and trying to stay awake.   We could probably wrap everything up in one day but, in addition to making decisions, we also all want to have a chance to prove to each other how smart we are. 

I remember once at the end of a long drawn out meeting someone saying, "Everything's already been said but not everybody has had a chance to say it yet." 

If the hotel wireless port is free, I'll check posts -- but I'm usually too cheap to pay for it.  But I've pre-posted my building shootout so it should appear around 1:00 a.m. on Friday. 

And finally, here is a very weird picture -- Surprisingly it has been only photoshopped a tiny bit...except for deepening hues in a couple of areas, this is straight from the camera.  Anybody want to guess what it is?


Back Seat Communication

5 comments:

  1. Meknows Bagman took this one. Very nice.

    Greenville? I hate Greenville.

    Donuts to dollars you are the smartest one at the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister and brother-in-law live in Greenville if you want to have a carefully rationed, bland dinner call her. when I was through there in the summer they took me to lunch at their 'favorite' restuarant. Had dirty floors, heavy fried foods and a 10 or 12 ft USA flag out front - which is why it is there favorite.... greenville is good for fast meetings and fast escapes home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I squint, the picture looks like a long haired hippie flashing the peace sign ;-) Should be right at home at that restaurant mentioned by Ginger V!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo looks like a big woman with a bunch of colorful bracelets on her arm, holding up a baby or a little piglet or something. That's what it looks like to me.

    I think I would like any town in either of the Carolinas.

    ReplyDelete