Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

...which I realize is a purely American Holiday (except for those native Americans that were here before the better-armed Americans arrived). 

But almost everyone enjoys a day off from work, at least.   Well...except for those of us who are retired and get to do chores no matter what day of the week it is.   And I guess for those who are unemployed and wish they had work to have a day off from in the first place. 

I didn't mean to turn into the Fourth of July Grinch.  Sorry.   Keep it simple, Mark.  Happy Fourth of July.

And I thought I'd better send out a message so that anyone who is still bothering to follow me will know that I am still alive although buried under a growing avalanche of boxes and furniture and knick-knacks...

Some of which will go to the new house
Some of which will go to an auction house
Some of which will go to a yard sale
Some of which will go to the trash

...I'm not quite sure which box I used to store my mind. 

4 comments:

  1. So, you have sold the house? Happy 4th to you as well and be sure to take time to eat a hot dog, some watermelon, and watch the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Anyone who is still bothering to follow me"... Mark, do I detect a hint of self-pity there?
    For me, although I am not American and have never lived in the US, the 4th of July marks my very own Independence Day, because it was (by coincidence) on the 4th of July 2000 that I sent my first husband on his way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to remove due to typos. Let's try again:

      Still in the "following" mode., and a Happy Fourth to you to, Sir.

      Delete